CrossFit 133 KidCare Policies
As a family owned box, we understand how difficult it can be to balance working out and caring for yourself with caring for young children at the same time. We are excited to offer KidCare for select classes.
CrossFit 133 welcomes children ages six months to 5 years to our KidCare facility. Older children not requiring KidCare are welcome to sit in the lobby area but are not permitted on the gym floor during class hours or open gym. We are proud to offer babysitting services to all fitness members for $5 per child per class, but we are NOT an official daycare service. The KidCare room may be staffed by Box Parents who volunteer for a reduced membership fee or by hired staff, but all who work in the KidCare room must go through a background check. Our mission is to provide a safe environment for your child while you work out.
Beginning on February 2nd, KidCare will be offered Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays during our 9:30-10:30 classes.
For the safety of all children, please review and follow the KidCare policies below. These rules will be strictly enforced so each child has a safe and enjoyable experience in our KidCare center.
- Children are not permitted in the KidCare area without staff present.
- Parents may drop off their child a maximum of ten minutes before class start time and pick up no later than ten minutes after class ending time.
- Parents and legal guardians must remain in the gym while their children are in the KidCare area. Parents may not leave the premises for any reason while their children are in the KidCare facility.
- Children between the ages of six months and five years are accepted into the KidCare facility; however infants must be able to sit up independently without arm’s reach supervision. There is one spot reserved in each class for an infant 6 months to 1 year.
- Changing Diapers: If your child is not toilet trained and requires diapers, Box Staff cannot change their diapers. If needed, parents of the child are required to change diapers. Please make sure you bring any necessary items needed to change your child’s diaper.
- Bathroom Visits: If a child is toilet trained and needs to visit the bathroom, the child’s parent will be notified to escort their child to the bathroom. Parents please realize that you may be asked to pause your workout to take your child to the bathroom if necessary. PLEASE try to take your child to the restroom before your workout begins.
- No food, drinks, candy, or gum is allowed in the KidCare area. No exceptions.
- Bare feet will not be permitted at any time. Shoes must be removed at the door. PLEASE have socks on children.
- CrossFit 133 is not responsible for any lost or damaged items brought from home. Any property your child brings from home should be properly labeled. Coins, balloons, toy guns, and toy swords are not permitted. Any item that may be considered a choking hazard for any child in the KidCare area is not permitted.
- The KidCare staff reserves the right to refuse KidCare to anyone at any time if unruly behavior and consistent disobedience creates a difficult situation for the Box Parent and/or other children.
- CrossFit 133 (Dennis or Stacey Floyd) reserves the right to suspend KidCare privileges from any member who consistently neglects to adhere to the CrossFit 133 KidCare Policies.
- Beginning February 1, 2016 parents will be required to make a reservation in WODTogetherfor each child for the 9:30 AM class by 7:00PM the night before class. Only 5 children will be allowed in each KidCare class and it is first reserved/first in system. Once parents arrive at the Box for their workout they will sign each child into KidCare with the KidCare staff. If a parent reserves a spot for their child/children and does not bring that child, there will be a $10 fee per child. PLEASE make sure to cancel your reservation the day before if you/your child can’t make it. This will help ensure someone else can use the spot. This is for the safety and enjoyment of the children and Box Parents. Too many children would be anarchy for everyone and be unsafe. Also, if there are no children signed up to use KidCare the night before class, the staff member will not be expected to come into work.
- KidCare staff members are prohibited from administering any medications.
- Health regulations prohibit us from allowing children with any of the following symptoms into the KidCare area.
* Flu-like symptoms (nausea, vomiting, headache, fever, diarrhea)
* Red, sore throat
* Rashes of any kind
* Severe nasal discharge or productive cough
3. KidCare staff members reserve the right to refuse service if they deem a child too ill to render services. A child will not be accepted into the KidCare area until they have been symptom free for 24 hours.
4. If your child does not attend school due to an illness, they will not be admitted into the KidCare area. This is to protect the other children.
- Children are expected to behave appropriately for their age group. Repeated disregard for rules or failure to listen to KidCare staff will result in a short “time out” for children two and older. Redirection will be used to address behavior problems for children younger than two.
- Parents will be called to the KidCare room if their child is behaving inappropriately and cannot be calmed. If this is a repeated occurrence, a course of action will be decided upon by the parent and KidCare staff. CrossFit 133 reserves the right to suspend KidCare privileges for a specified period of time.
- Parents will be called back to the KidCare area if their child continues to cry for a period in excess of fifteen minutes.
Waiver of Liability: The undersigned(s) assume(s) all risk of injury or harm to the child associated with participation in CrossFit 133 KidCare and agree(s) to release, indemnify, defend and forever discharge CrossFit Apogee and it’s staff, employees, and agents of and from all liability, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions and causes of action in respect of death, injury, loss or damage to the child, or by the child, howsoever caused, arising or to arise by reason of or during the child’s participation in the KidCare program.
I have read and understand CrossFit 133 KidCare policies stated on these pages and agree to abide by them. I realize that the CrossFit 133 has authorization to refuse KidCare if a violation should occur.
Name of Child/Children
Print Parent (Guardian) Name Parent (Guardian) Signature Date